Centre for Learning Accreditation
“Enrichment, opportunity, flexibility.„ How can we help you?
Information on PLAR
Your Learning Portfolio
Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR)
Introduction to PLAR: Watch the video here!
Top Ten Reasons for Doing PLAR
- Validate your past experiential learning in a meaningful way.
- Develop/practice organizational skills.
- Develop/practice the ability to meaningfully reflect on past learning.
- Improve your writing skills.
- Receive detailed feedback on your learning.
- Learn to think critically about your own learning.
- Achieve as many as 30 credits (the equivalent of 10 courses) at one sweep.
- Compile a comprehensive document that reflects your past accomplishments.
- Save a LOT of money!
- Grow your sense of self-esteem and professional competence through the PLAR process.
Student & Academic Services - Last Updated April 29, 2013
News and Events
June 17, 2013
May 22, 2013
April 24, 2013
March 28, 2013