First Steps: How Do I Begin
- Read the PLAR site carefully. Be sure to flip through the virtual portfolios.
- Refer to our list of frequently asked questions.
- Contact our office to ask for more information.
- If you are not already an AU student, complete a General Application Form to become an AU student.
- If you have attended another college or university have your official transcripts sent to AU's Office of the Registrar and submit the Transcript Evaluation fee.
Next Steps: The PLAR Process
- Discuss PLAR potential / suitability. Contact our office.
- Submit resume and DegreeWorks worksheet (program plan).
- Enter our mentoring queue (wait-list).
- Submit front-end pieces as directed.
- Enter our mentoring process.
- Revise front-end pieces as directed by mentor.
- Submit application form with payment as directed by mentor.
- Finalized learning contract with mentor.
- Work with mentors to prepare portfolio.
- Submit complete portfolio.
- Receive assessment results.